Monday, September 19, 2011

Animal Can Project

I feel fairly certain if you looked up the word procrastination you would probably not only find my name but maybe even my picture.  We have known for over a month that Mal had to make an animal project out of some type of can.  She has been asking me about it for the past few weeks and I honestly didn't get that excited about getting it done because I had to think on what we could do.  As I looked in her agenda this morning I discovered that the thing was due tomorrow!  The great news is that I Melissa Dawn work WAY better under pressure.  If I know that I have a week I will wait until the last day.  Thank God that he gave me just a little bit of talent because he knew with my procrastination that I was certainly going to need it.  The bad news is that I am passing it on to my children! SCARY! 

I looked up several cute pictures today on the Internet of things we could make and finally came up with using a milk carton.  I originally thought we could make a kola bear out of a milk carton but Mal insisted on a peacock.  So guess what?! We made a peacock.

It was super fun to make! We took a milk carton and painted it black and then painted blue glitter over the black.  Then we made a trip to Michael's Crafts and bought some feathers and google eyes.  I must say this little darling is super cute!  I think she was proud of it and I hope that she learned a little about peacocks and not about waiting until the night before to create this project.

Only Mal and I would think to put sparkles on a peacock!


One happy girl and her project!

No comments:

Post a Comment