Who can believe the first month of the year is already gone! This month I am super excited about several things.
- The Month of Love! Valentine's Day has always been fun at our house. As strange as it sounds our tradition since Mallory has been here is to have a Chong's takeout candle light dinner at home. We eat, laugh, exchange cards and candy all while eating Chinese by candle light. Mallory has always thought she was big stuff eating by candle light. I certainly hope her husband someday is a romantic! Should be interesting this year to see if Link likes our tradition! As long as there is food I don't think he will mind.
- My sweet Link baby turns 1 on Friday, February 4th! We are super excited and his sister and I have worked on making some super cute crafts this week for decorations. We are having a very simple family party and our theme is Owls. "Guess Whoo's Turning 1"! More pictures to come!! Everyone keeps asking "aren't you sad about him turning 1"? I can honestly say I'm really not. Each stage is so much fun that I can't wait until the next! I can't wait for him to start talking, because if he talks anything like his little expressions and personality now he will be a HOOT!
- Our annual skiing trip is coming up with some of our favorite people! I just knew you thought that was me skiing in that picture! :) Well guess what I have a secret, I'm AWFUL! Picture this, me taking my first lesson and thinking this is going to be o.k. Then the instructor tells us we have to make it down the first hill. At the end of the hill you have to go down a straight drop off to get back on the ski lift. I stood at the top of the hill for at least 25 minutes in straight panic. Sweating in the snow! Keep in mind there is no way anywhere except down. I forgot to mention that I am terrified of heights! As I stand at the top of the hill I hear UGGH as people smack the ground and roll down the hill. This only terrifies me more! Finally the instructor tells me to just take off the ski's and walk down the hill. I finally get up enough courage to do this and still roll down the hill! Needless to say I made it down and for that I was proud. I feel very certain I was his worst lesson EVER! This year I'm thinking the mall might be calling my name but I'm still excited none the less!
- And finally one last thing to be excited about! We are going to see LADY A in Nashville! One of my all time favorite groups, can hardly wait!! I just know they are going to know I'm their biggest fan and want me to come up on stage. :) Can you tell I'm excited?!
I'm sure there will be lots more of excitements this month but these are just a few. Bring them on! I'm ready!






No comments:
Post a Comment